getting spray paint off ur hands
spray paint art lessons and technique discussion board

Login  |  Register
Page: 1

TMill
10 posts
Apr 06, 2009
6:44 PM
spray some lemon juice to help get some of the spray paint off ur hands,it helps alot
armando_710
3 posts
Apr 13, 2009
1:47 PM
thanks.

i wish i should have known earlier... the whole day at school i had painted hands...
Nis
5 posts
May 14, 2009
10:26 PM
Wow cool idea. I just threw some paint thinner on a towel and wiped my hands with that then washed them with soap but it's probably bad for my skin
DrizztFan24
1 post
Jun 09, 2009
9:20 PM
Acetone works for getting most of it off. You jsut need a pile of Q-tips or a cotton pad or some such. Dip the whatever into the acetone and rub it on your hands. The paint will come off. Afterwards be sure to wash your hands with a soap with a loation agent in it, the acetone destroys the oils on your skin.
planetrev
127 posts
Jun 16, 2009
8:17 AM
Oderless Minerial Oil ... you get it at your local art supply store ... it works like paint thinner but it isn't horrible for you skin ...
LisaMarie
118 posts
Jun 18, 2009
10:55 AM
There is this stuff at Wal-Mart in the paint section. Can't remember what it's called but it's orange scented and advertises that it removes "old and new paint without ruining your hands". It's a gritty substance that you squirt on your hands and rub in and then gradually add water. It works pretty well and doesn't dry out and crack your skin.
----------
LisaMarie

"Lisa Marie's Spray Paint Journey": http://myspraypaintart.shutterfly.com
99GT
476 posts
Jun 25, 2009
9:09 PM
People, people... I can buy a box of 50 to 100 thin latex gloves at the discount hardware stores, the mechanic shops, even walgreens for no more than what you are paying for cleaners, lotions, and potions, and end up with NO paint on my hands even when I paint every day. I own a business, and I'm in customer's homes everyday, so I don't want to look like I just rattle canned a picasso. I would never go back to painting without gloves. Cleanup is easy. Take off the gloves. Harbor Freight Tools is a discount tool store in my neck of the woods who sells 100 gloves for $7.00, can't beat it.
----------
99GT (Marty)
Visit my web page
http://www.myspacepaintings.com/Ninety9GT
sprayart94
96 posts
Jul 02, 2009
10:12 AM
thanks for the idea, been struggling to get paint of my hands for a while, but there's not much point as you know you gonna be doin another painting in a couple of days ; )
Jbird793
106 posts
Jul 03, 2009
1:38 PM
i use cooking oil i just pour a little on my hands and washh them under water
----------
website-galacticsprayart.webs.com
E-mail- jspraypaintart@gmail.com
MJ_mte
12 posts
Aug 23, 2009
5:20 PM
This is a construction industry tip, lather your hands in petrolium jelly prior to painting, after painting use a paint remover such "goof off" and your hands are sparkling clean.

if you dont want to use the jelly just hit your hands with the goof off and use a brillow pad and soap. This is what i do and all the paint is always removed even from under my nails
Deanigans
2 posts
Nov 19, 2009
10:41 PM
Steel wool is solid ;)
haha jk.
i use my dads break cleaner, he gets it for free from his work because hes a mechanic, stuffs pretty legit
BRANDON
3582 posts
Dec 10, 2009
10:30 AM
odorless mineral spirits in a spray bottle, the paint just melts of your hands. finish by washing your habds a few times with just soap and water.
----------

Last Edited by on Dec 10, 2009 10:30 AM
itismeryanp2
27 posts
Apr 11, 2010
7:21 AM
the steam room at the YMCA works awesome. (i figured it out by accident ofcourse)
DoctorB
8 posts
Jun 21, 2010
11:16 AM
This might sound wierd. But when I tried to get spraypaint off with soap and water it didnt work so well. But then my family and I ate some watermelon. And for some real wierd reason. My brothers paint came off. Which was probabbly because he was messier eater than I was.

P.S Im not saying you should go out and buy a watermelon to get some spraypaint off. But this was a true story.
Tristan
62 posts
May 19, 2011
9:05 PM
I use gloves but on the rare occasion that one of them rips while I'm painting I spray some clear on my hand, use a baby wipe (always close at hand anyway when you have a two-year-old lol), and wash my hands with dish soap afterwards. You would never know it was there.
Tonto
3 posts
Dec 01, 2011
2:56 AM
soap water and loofa work perfect for me sure you may be there a lil bit scrubbin but it works :) has my hands mostly clean in about 5-10 mins :P

Post a Message
Guest Name

(4096 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

This site has secure online ordering.
Authorize.Net Merchant - Click to Verify

Contact

Privacy policy

Spacepainters Auctions

Purchase details

Returns