Sebo aka Chris Siebeneicher
spray paint art techniques forum discussion

Login  |  Register
Page: 1

beachbaby5150
1 post
Oct 17, 2007
11:11 AM
Does anybody know if SeboArt.com is still active or where Sebo/Chris Siebeneicher went? I was just in Hawaii and he wasn't there! The carpet people trough out my picture and I'm looking to have them replace it.
Thanks

Last Edited by on Oct 17, 2007 11:12 AM
goldpaint5
892 posts
Oct 17, 2007
2:06 PM
yeah i heard hes a snob..but is a prety good artist....dono....maby he quit or maby he just went back to veagas..cant help ya sorry
----------
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
just because your NOT paranoid does NOT meen there NOT after you x.x
dooks
1 post
Nov 06, 2007
9:44 PM
chris is back in honolulu. my room mate just got back from there and said he saw him doing his stuff on the main drag. no clue on the website though!
mwdiegs
1 post
Nov 07, 2007
9:34 AM
beachbaby5150:

He is still in Waikiki. I was there a while ago and he was there most nights but some nights for less than an hour. I do have a phone # for him. Let me know how to get it to you if interested.
Jaz
121 posts
Nov 12, 2007
8:53 PM
So do I
LEX
81 posts
Nov 13, 2007
8:39 AM
me three
----------
Lets Spread this Spray Paint Thing!
SpaceKid
552 posts
Nov 13, 2007
10:09 AM
I dont...
----------
Kenzo08
1 post
Nov 14, 2007
5:59 PM
ya I actually just got back from Hawaii 2 days ago..He's still there I watched him for like 3 hours..it was amazing.. I got some pretty sweet art from him..

Last Edited by on Nov 14, 2007 6:01 PM
Sebo's Sister
1 post
Jan 30, 2008
8:56 AM
Anyone looking to find out about Sebo Art contact me. I saw a few of you that wanted to get a hold of some of his work.
Jinxi
1 post
Feb 05, 2008
3:32 AM
I'd like to know how to get ahold of him. Would also love to know if his website is now being hosted elsewhere?
Skycat
222 posts
Feb 05, 2008
12:48 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a look through his online gallery if he has one; was his website taken down or was it moved to another URL?
Kalona44
1 post
Feb 15, 2008
10:56 AM
I saw Chris's paintings in Waikiki on Valentine's day. He had 2 of his guys selling his paintings. When I got there most of the paintings were prints but many people including myself were led to believe they were actually spray painted that day. I was hanging around waiting for Chris to arrive to see him in action and noticed the scam so I demanded my money back. Chris finally arrived and did give me my money back so I guess I was lucky.
Why they can't be up and up is beyond me. This is Hawaii not Las Vegas!
sagebrush
2 posts
Dec 10, 2008
10:27 AM
Ok, I've never met the guy personally, but I believe that he's trying to protect his secrets. It's pretty obvious on his video that the guy has amazing hand-eye coordination and an unbelievable imagination to go along with it. In my opinion, he's just wants to protect his work from plagiarism. Not that I'm justifying selling prints as original work, if that is infact what happened. All I know is, Chris Sebeneicher's video was the first glimpse of a live spray paint art show that I ever saw and emulating his painting, which I can now do on an 11" by 14" piece of posterboard pretty accurately, has taught me more about spray paint art than I could have ever fathomed. Despite what others may say about him, his paintings were my first inspirations to spray paint and perform. If I were in his shoes, I would also guard my secrets closely in order to protect my livelyhood. I'm sure Hawii is every bit as competitive a market for spray paint art as Las Vegas is.
goldpaint5
1931 posts
Dec 10, 2008
2:12 PM
well sage its a lot easier to scan a fake painting than a real one, besides its imposable to take their name out of the paint once theve sighnd it unless you wana dystroy the corner of the painting..

im totally with kalona on this one it should deff be on the level but yeah hes not a bad artist from what i can tell
----------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting PhotobucketPhotobucket
sagebrush
3 posts
Dec 10, 2008
6:12 PM
Ya, he should be on the level. It's just hard when someone says something bad about one of your heroes, and sebo has inspired a lot of people.
goldpaint5
1932 posts
Dec 10, 2008
7:58 PM
i dont think anyone was knocking him, like they were just speaking from whats been said on the site or from personal experiance with him...and yeah id be prty pissed myself if someone started knocking on heikki sorsa who is like a huge snowboard model of mine.

so i see where your coming from, but still its super shady to sell cruddy lamanated pictures like, that should get you kicked out of the spacepianting club, its just like, so stupid.
----------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting PhotobucketPhotobucket
mossfan1
1 post
Dec 13, 2008
6:05 PM
I met Chris in Hawaii this past year also. The whole scam thing I don't think is a reality. Sean (the bald one) that sells and sets everything up before Chris gets there never once said tey were painted that night he would always say prints of originals. You can tell the difference in prints and originals just by looking at the texture. If you stood there long enough you would have seen that they praying the prints with only the finishing gloss or what ever it is that they call it (laqer) maybe, to make it shine and keep it from getting scratched. I was stuck in Hawaii for 3 months April - June 2008 and pretty much all I did was hang out in front of Macy's (where he sets up. Also just like was said by Gold Originals he signs on the spot and it is very hard not ruin it if you were to try to remove it. Anyway ... They told me and everyone else that was standing around that they were prints and he does Originals from 7 - 10pm usually. He actually painted some surf boards for me and my son along with some others. To close with some food for thought. If you go to his website (which he now has back up and running) and look at the turtle pic. I don't care how good you are you are not going to do that pic in 20 - 30 minutes on the Wakiki Strip and sell them for a Donation of $30 - $50. That would be an insult to any artist considering the guy does about 6 per night and when they do take the originals that were just painted in front of them they still only give the minimum $30 9 out of 10 times. That turtle picture took almost 6 weeks and the ORIGINAL is done on a 3 ft x 5 ft Canvas which he waiting to open his own art gallery and is saving those Originals for that. So we as buyers have to ask ourselves honestly can you buy an origianl for only $150 or should the real price if it is the real thing be in $500 - $1,000. This is for all strungling artists. Posibly a misunderstanding on Kalonna's part. These guys are all damn good at what they do and realistically don't get paid crap for it. I guess that's why they call them STRUGGLING ARTISTS.

USMC

Last Edited by on Dec 13, 2008 6:07 PM

Post a Message
Guest Name

(4096 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

This site has secure online ordering.
Authorize.Net Merchant - Click to Verify

Contact

Privacy policy

Spacepainters Auctions

Purchase details

Returns